I have to say that the Canadian Home Builders
Association (Kamloops) forum tonight, was without a doubt the best of Kampaign2014.
I would also like to thank them for sponsoring the forum, and giving all of my
fellow candidates the opportunity to speak, and answer questions posed to us by
their members.
I spoke without hesitation that we need the
taxes and jobs that the AJAX Mine project will bring -- IF it passes the environmental
review.
We need to stop training our youth, at Thompson
Rivers University (TRU) for Trades jobs, and then see most of them leave
Kamloops for good high paying positions they should be able to get right here. That’s
not just my opinion; I’ve been hearing that over and over again since the start
of this campaign.
Let's welcome business was my focus, complete with the suggestion we need a BIG sign, on the highways leading into the city, saying "Kamloops is open for business, call the Mayor’s office at 250-828-****”.
New business -- and new jobs -- equals more
taxes for city coffers. And that means
more services, and a greater possibility of seeing a quicker start to a new
Arts / Theater facility, improved roads, a new parking facility, and other
things to the people of Kamloops would like to see.
I'm clear where I stand on the future
economic well-being of our city, and if you agree, I'd be honoured if you would
consider placing an "X" next to my name on your ballot this Saturday.
I’m Peter Sharp, candidate for Kamloops City
Council.


No comments:
Post a Comment