Sunday, 9 November 2014

Many of the difficulties (or issues) faced by families, can often be traced to a lack of dignity in not having a fulfilling and rewarding job – AND -- one which they can have enough for the necessities of life



Recently KamloopsParents.com asked each candidate, running in the upcoming November 15th Kamloops municipal election, three important questions.  The one that stood out the most for me was, “What are the biggest issues affecting families and youth in Kamloops?”



There are all kinds of possible answers to the question. That said, I believe

many of the difficulties (or issues) faced by families, can often be traced to a lack of dignity in not having a fulfilling and rewarding job – AND -- one which they can have enough for the necessities of life.  To that end, here is my answer.



I believe government must operate with the highest standards of integrity, and serve and respect all individuals.



We have a bright future, with nearly everything in place to expand and grow; now we need new / expanded businesses, paying decent wages, so that individuals and families can set down roots.  That I believe is one of the single biggest issues facing families, and youth in Kamloops today.




Parents with young families, especially those who are single parents, must have jobs they can raise and support their families on, without the fear of wondering where they can get
enough money to pay the rent, and put food on the table.  And our young people, looking for their first job, need a healthy business community that enables it to provide those jobs, which will lead to future economic well-being of our children.



To that end, I will support businesses, with a proven track record, that will enrich the well-being of our residents.



The election for Kamloops City Council is just one week away.  I hope that you will take the time to vote on November 15th, and I hope you will consider placing an “X” next to my name on your ballot.



I’m Peter Sharp, candidate for Kamloops City Council.




POST SCRIPT … in case you are wondering, here are the answer to the other two questions which were posed to candidates:



Q. Why did you decide to run for a position in the upcoming municipal election?

Kamloops is my home by choice, and it is where my wife and I have resided for over 20 years. 



I have served my community as a member of the RCMP, a city councilor, a member of the Thompson Nicola Regional District (TNRD) board of directors, as chairman of our regional hospital district board, plus 15 other committees and local non-profit community groups and organizations. 



Through these opportunities I have been able to put my own personal skills to use in a number of ways. More importantly however, I have learned from others how to better serve my community by seeking out the wisdom of others, and then putting that knowledge to practical use. 



Now retired, I believe I have the time, the energy and the desire to be the elected 'representative' for you, on Kamloops City Council. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.



Q. What do you enjoy the most about living in Kamloops? 

As I mentioned, Kamloops is my home by choice. We have a healthy and vibrant arts community … wonderful sport facilities … TRU continues to grow and expand … mountains, river, valleys, lakes and rivers on our doorstep … and a central region in the province that puts us close to everything.  Kamloops is a gem that shines bright in the province.

No comments:

Post a Comment