Saturday, 25 October 2014

I AGREE with what is being said in this editorial

This was originally posted to my Facebook page on October 19th"

I know this is going to alienate some voters, however I wish to be clear, I agree with what is being said in this editorial; "How activist mayors are harming B.C.’s economy".  The following is just a segment from it:  


".... Canada has developed and matured a great deal in our short history, but we remain a resource-based exporting nation. Without the opportunity to sell our resources on worldwide markets, we limit the returns on those resources. That is fewer royalties, taxes and wages paid to Canadians. This affects governments’ ability to build new schools and pay teachers, build and run hospitals, and maintain things that are important to our families ... 

... Is there risk? Of course, no one can say there isn’t. The recent Mt. Polley spill is a serious incident that shows we need companies and regulators to work harder at managing that risk. But it can be managed. We ought to stop saying “No” and start saying “How?”

I'm Peter Sharp, candidate for Kamloops City Council

No comments:

Post a Comment